Campaign Friends and Champions
Campaign Friends or Champions will be the driving force of this campaign. Here are some comments from people who have been involved in the project.
Respect for Seniors is a “grassroots” campaign that relies on individuals in the community who share the vision of a more respectful society.
Who can be a campaign friend or champion?
- Anyone who is inspired by this campaign to truly make a difference in their community
- A role model of mutual respect whose enthusiasm will encourage others to enjoy a positive approach to life and influence all those they connect with
- Any age, from any walk of life. Their common bond is an enthusiastic belief in human nature and the value of our older generation
- They might be a great conversationalist, a good public speaker or a quiet achiever, an organiser or a passionate person who wants to make a contribution in their community.
- Anyone can make a difference and contribute each in their own way.
The role of a campaign friend or champion?
- To acknowledge the value of mutual respect
- To use opportunities to encourage discussion on the topic of respect in your existing social networks
- Possibly to initiate opportunities to have a community conversation with other groups
- To use a flexible approach with community conversations